# 6 Rice's Landing, PA
original Lock 6 on the Monongahela was completed in 1856, this lock and
major repair work during 1902. The photos below, from the
collection of the Elizabeth Marine Ways, may be part of this repair work.
This lock was permanently removed from operation in 1965.
determination of the location of
these photos being Rice's Landing is based upon the name "Covert" being
on the barn located across from the lock. The Land Warrant map shown
below shows that a John Covert purchased land along the Monongahela in
1820, close to Rice's Landing. Additional information is